custom rom PICOpad GEW
Dump this PICOpad GEW rom since the day one got the sample but cannot make formatting partition works on update.zip package.
Dump this PICOpad GEW rom since the day one got the sample but cannot make formatting partition works on update.zip package. Been trying so many times flashing and recopying the update.zip … sigh … i wish the cwm got the adb sideload function just like on my galaxy nexus. Leave it for a while and been busy with other custom rom also my unofficial cm-10.1 gerrit recompile … and … today … in the end … it turns out as simple as incompatible update binary package for MTK6577. grrrr@#$$hhh 😀
Ok, for you who may interested to use custom rom to play with, here is mine with the recipe like this below :
- 6 rows x 5 columns 190 dpi lcd density (a little bit to tiny for my old eyes, but my friend who got the device says it perfect :D)
- sysctl tweak for increasing internet network performance (basically it’s a common network ip4 tweak from klixs, but it is working good on my galaxy nexus custom rom)
- some battery performance tweak (forgot where i get this from, only copy pasteing from my tomboy, sorry)
- some dalvikvm performance tweak (forgot too where i get this from, sorry)
- some gps performance tweak (from here)
- rooted with su, busybox, and Superuser.apk included (from here)
- some custom artwork
- deodexed apps and framework from stock rom
And here we go the custom rom :
MD5 : 1f9027a531fb41de28fa83ec52d39da7
And here is the steps to flash this custom rom to your axioo picopad GEW :
Requirement and Preparation :
- Read this thoroughly :
Your warranty is now void !!!
I am not responsible if you brick your phone, get stuck in a bootloop, or if your phone grows arms and tries to kill you. Flash at your own risk!
Please do some research if you have any concerns about risk of flashing a custom rom before continuing! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you!!
If you have any other objection, don’t bother to comment, just close this page!
- This custom ROM is not for noobs, it is not for faint hearted, because in this article I will not explain how to get CWM recovery for your picopad GEW. The process and tools how to get cwm recovery is somewhat winblows centric, and i don’t like either to discuss nor explain, so you must find yourself a way how to get those CWM to your device. At least, I can show you the way, here is the path to go there : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1825722 Thanks to master yuweng and master shifu dsixda … hahaha
Flashing Process :
The steps to flash this custom rom is pretty straight forward :
- Download the custom rom from link above and copy it to the root of your sdcard, you may check it first with your file manager to confirm it was there. There are two sdcard storage on picopad GFI so you must know it’s at the internal sdcard or external sdcard.
- Boot into clockworkmod CWM recovery mode by turning off your phone, hold down Volume + button then press power button, hold them both until you see axioo logo appear then release it. Wait a sec or two … then you’re now in cwm recovery mode, you can navigate it through the menu using volume + and – button, and to executing the highlight menu you can press power button.
- BACKUP your stock rom and data using nandroid backup first !!!
- Choose Wipe Data / Factory reset and execute it
- Choose Wipe cache partition and execute it
- Go to Advanced menu, choose Wipe Dalvik Cache and execute it
- Go back to main menu, and choose Install Recovery from sdcard menu and execute it
- If you were put the custom rom on the internal sdcard, then choose Install from internal sdcard, otherwise choose Install from external sdcard. Navigate to the custom rom location and execute it. There will be a confirmation once again, and of course choose Yes.
- After the installation completed, go back to main menu and choose Reboot System Now
Here is the result after flash :
The result is pretty fast and snappier according to my friend’s feedback compare to the stock, but who knows … why not try it yourself … and if not satisfied you may improve it and reshare. Android is exciting and opensource is amazing.
Enjoy your axioo PICOpad GEW.