Custom rom 4.4.2 for PICOpad 7E GGD5
This is a custom rom 4.4.2 for the 7inch tablet PICOpad GGD5 model also known as PICOpad 7E that using Allwinner Dual core a23 chipset and had a 1024×600 px resolution.
This is a custom rom 4.4.2 for the 7inch tablet PICOpad GGD5 model also known as PICOpad 7E that using Allwinner Dual core a23 chipset and had a 1024×600 px resolution. Basically, this is the same as the device stock rom, except this is a rooted rom, fully debloated, some performance tweaks and some custom graphics for beautify. I consider it’s pretty nice so I like to share it with you. Ok, let’s begin.
Here is the complete list of this rom :
- Android 4.4.2 with 3.4.39 kernel
- Rooted, busybox, fully deodexed, zipaligned
- rooted boot.img
- init.d support + busybox run parts
- gps, bt, hsdpa tweak
- multi languages
- fully debloated
- Superuser by Clockworkmod (thanks to Koush)
- entropy generator tweak (thanks to lambgx02)
- Xposed framework (thanks to rovo89 and Tungstwenty)
- GravityBox customization module (thanks to C3C076)
- … something I forgot to list
Here we go the custom rom :
Download : picopad_7e_ggd5_signed_050314_222415.zip
MD5 : e198a5b77acba4468ad0587e82a1c0f0
UPDATE 04072014 :
Download : picopad_7e_ggd5_signed_070414_125924.zip
MD5 : 88946d59cf4e69c9d1619b8caf43c5ce
- Added SIM contacts import
- Dual SIM management at Phone Call and Messaging
- QuickOffice is discontinued by google, replace with Drive
- Updating GooglePlayServices and Xposed Framework
You may also wants to see the screenshot for this update release at the bottom.
— end of UPDATE 04072014 —
And here is the steps to flash this custom rom :
Requirement and Preparation :
- Read this thoroughly :
Your warranty is now void !!!
I am not responsible if you brick your phone, get stuck in a bootloop, or if your phone grows arms and tries to kill you. Flash at your own risk!
Please do some research if you have any concerns about risk of flashing a custom rom before continuing! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you!!
If you have any other objection, don’t bother to comment, just close this page!
- This custom rom need a custom recovery to flashed into the device, if you haven’t got it, get it here : cwm and twrp recovery for PICOpad 7E GGD5. Both are working good for this device, get it whichever you like.
Flashing Process :
The steps to flash this custom rom is pretty straight forward :
- Download the custom rom from link above and copy it to the root of your sdcard, you may check it first with your file manager to confirm it was there. There are two sdcard storage on this device, so you must know it’s at the internal sdcard or external sdcard. I prefer you to put this on external sdcard to avoid any difficulties.
- Boot into recovery mode. I believe there are no key shortcut from the power off state to enter recovery mode on this device, at least I cannot find it, … so, you can only reboot into recovery from the system, if you’re using stock rom use the Reboot into Recovery from Settings -> Backup&Reset option menu.
- BACKUP your stock rom and data using BACKUP feature, make sure you use external storage as destination because this backup is relatively big.
- Choose Wipe Data / Factory reset and execute it.
- Choose Wipe cache partition and execute it
- Choose Wipe Dalvik Cache and execute it
- Go back to main menu, and choose Install
- It will open a list of file on your sdcard, choose the custom rom zip file that you put on step 1 and flash it.
- After the installation completed, choose Reboot System
Here is the result after flash :
Enjoy your PICOpad 7E GGD5