custom rom 4.2.2 Xperia for Acer Liquid E2 DUO
My friend just bought a brand new nexus4 and lend this E2 duo for a day before selling it.
My friend just bought a brand new nexus4 and lend this E2 duo for a day before selling it. Just about the same time, i’ve also built a custom rom for some axioo model using xperia rom as a based. Got plenty of time while waiting for my cm11 compiling to finished, then i re-porting the xperia rom for this device and the result is pretty good, the performance is quite good, and the audio is great, i likes the stock wallpaper and the launcher, it’s looks nice and elegant. See for yourself, it’s all yours, and here is the features list :
- Android 4.2.2 with 3.4.5 kernel
- Rooted, busybox, fully deodexed, zipaligned
- rooted boot.img
- init.d support + busybox run parts
- gps, bt, hsdpa tweak
- more languages
- Superuser by Clockworkmod (thanks to Koush)
- entropy generator tweak (thanks to lambgx02)
- Xposed framework (thanks to rovo89 and Tungstwenty)
- GravityBox customization module (thanks to C3C076)
- … something i forgot to list
Known issues :
- the sony xperia rom was designed to use the pc companion to communicate between mass storage with the desktop pc. I cannot try this since i’m on linux, and i’m experience difficulties mounting the internal storage and the external sdcard at the same time, and this is annoying for me. However, there always a workaround for this issue by using ESExplorer file manager apps and transfer the files across network.
- WiFi and Network location menu is missing from the Location access settings menu for some reason. However, when i’m logging in to my google accounts, then i enable Access Location option when maps asking to enable it, the feature seems working normally. maps can found my location abruptly even the gps icons still blinking try to find my precise location.
Here we go the custom rom :
Download : acer_liquid_e2duo_Xperia_signed_112113_155912.zip
MD5 : aeb259fc54d45f9f37fc91e6e3514283
EDIT 09/12/13 :
I fix some tick icon not showing up and here is the new link :
Download : acer_liquid_e2duo_Xperia_signed_112813_101429.zip
MD5 : 24829944e45c15cd78d85f940a37128c
And here is the steps to flash this custom rom :
Requirement and Preparation :
- Read this thoroughly :
Your warranty is now void !!!
I am not responsible if you brick your phone, get stuck in a bootloop, or if your phone grows arms and tries to kill you. Flash at your own risk!
Please do some research if you have any concerns about risk of flashing a custom rom before continuing! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you!!
If you have any other objection, don’t bother to comment, just close this page!
- This custom rom need a custom recovery to flashed into the device, if you haven’t got it, get it here : twrp and cwm recovery Acer Liquid E2 DUO. Both are working good for this device, get it whichever you like.
Flashing Process :
The steps to flash this custom rom is pretty straight forward :
- Download the custom rom from link above and copy it to the root of your sdcard, you may check it first with your file manager to confirm it was there. There are two sdcard storage on this device, so you must know it’s at the internal sdcard or external sdcard. I prefer you to put this on external sdcard to avoid any difficulties.
- Boot into recovery mode by turning off your phone, hold down Volume + button then press power button, hold them both until you see axioo logo on screen then release it. Wait a sec or two … then you’ll be in recovery mode.
- BACKUP your stock rom and data using BACKUP feature, make sure you use external storage as destination because this backup is relatively big.
- Choose Wipe Data / Factory reset and execute it.
- Choose Wipe cache partition and execute it
- Choose Wipe Dalvik Cache and execute it
- Go back to main menu, and choose Install
- It will open a list of file on your sdcard, choose the custom rom zip file that you put on step 1 and flash it.
- After the installation completed, choose Reboot System
Here is the result after flash :
JB 4.3 Camera
If you want to use the camera from stock jb 4.3, here we go :
Download : signed_camera-4.3-update.zip
Flash it like you just did with the custom rom, go to recovery mode, select install, choose the zip file and reboot after done. After install this update.zip, you’ll have 2 camera apps and 2 gallery apps.
Enjoy your Acer Liquid E2-DUO